- Young Minds Website: http://www.youngminds.org.uk/for_children_young_people
- Referred to CAMHS, Lifecycle or CYPS and are interested in finding out about more: http://mycamhschoices.org/
- Mind-Ed- E-learning for professionals working with children and young people: https://www.minded.org.uk/
- Time to Change- Anti-Stigma Campaign and Resources: http://www.time-to-change.org.uk/youngpeople/resources-youth-professionals
- Right Here publications on mental health: http://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/publications/how-to-guide-three/
- Anna Freud network supporting Mental Health & Wellbeing in Schools: https://www.annafreud.org/what-we-do/schools-in-mind/resources-for-schools/supporting-mental-health-and-wellbeing-in-schools/
Support about common mental health issues
- Self-Harm: selfharm.co.uk, www.nshn.co.uk
- Depression: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/depression/#.XJe0MvZ2sdI
- Anxiety, panic attacks and phobias: https://www.anxietyuk.org.uk/get-help/anxiety-information/young-people-and-anxiety/
- Obsessions and compulsions: ocduk.org/ocd
- Suicidal feelings: papyrus-uk.org,
- Eating problems: b-eat.co.uk/about-eating-disorders,
Drugs and alcohol:
Provides confidential, non-judgemental emotional support for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those that could lead to suicide. You can phone, email, write a letter or in most cases talk to someone face to face.
Mind provides confidential mental health information services.
With support and understanding, Mind enables people to make informed choices. The Infoline gives information on types of mental distress, where to get help, drug treatments, alternative therapies and advocacy. Mind has around 140 local Minds providing local mental health services.
Telephone: 0300 5000 927 (9.30am – 4pm Monday to Friday)
Provides expert advice and information to people with mental health problems and those who care for them, as well as giving help to health professionals, employers and staff. Rethink also runs Rethink services and groups across England and Northern Ireland.
Telephone: 0300 304 7000 (4:30pm-10:30pm)
Saneline is a national mental health helpline providing information and support to people with mental health problems and those who support them.
The Mix provides judgement-free information and support to young people aged 13-25 on a range of issues including mental health problems. Young people can access the The Mix’s support via phone, email, peer to peer and counselling services.
ChildLine is a private and confidential service for children and young people up to the age of nineteen. You can contact a ChildLine counsellor for free about anything – no problem is too big or too small.
Elefriends is a supportive online community where you can be yourself. Elefriends is run by Mind.
If you’re a carer needing support you can contact all of the above as well as Carers Direct and the Princess Royal Trust for Carers, both of whom are able to provide support and advice on any issues affecting you.
Mental Health Foundation
020 7803 1101
Improving the lives of those with mental health problems or learning difficulties.
020 7780 7300
Supports people through mental health services.
The Centre for Mental Health
020 7827 8300
Working to improve the quality of life for people with mental health problems.
0845 123 2320
Provides information and support to those who are affected by depression via publications, supporter services and a network of self-help groups.
BACP Find a Therapist Directory
Through the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) you can find out more about counselling services in your area.
General support/ advice:
Gives free confidential information and advice to help people sort out their money, legal, consumer and other problems.
Support for children and young people
020 7336 8445
Provides information and advice for anyone with concerns about the mental health of a child or young person.
Free, national helpline for children and young people in trouble or danger.
Lesbian and Gay Switchboard
020 7837 7324
Provides information, support and referral services.
020 7346 6700
The UK’s largest organisation working with refugees and asylum seekers.
0300 100 1234
Offers advice, relationship counselling, sex therapy, workshops, mediation, consultations and support.
08444 775 774
Works to relieve and support those living with anxiety disorders by providing information, support and understanding via an extensive range of services, including 1:1 therapy.
Carers UK is the voice of carers. It improves their lives by providing information, advice, support and by campaigning for change.