Information about all our Key Stage 5 subjects can be found by clicking on the link below:
Sixth Form Courses
Choosing the right course at sixth form is very important. Obviously, it is very important that you choose a course which is suited to your own individual needs and we are aware that this is not always as easy as it seems.
- What are your predicted GCSE grades?
- Which subjects do I really enjoy?
- Where will these subjects lead to?
- Consider your interests (there is a lot to be said for doing something you enjoy)
- Consider your strengths and weaknesses (how do you learn best, do you perform best in exams or coursework, do you like writing essays?)
- See individual subject pages for detail on assessment and course content.
- What qualiﬁcations do you need for career options?
- What qualiﬁcations do you need for college or university courses?
- It is vital that you research as thoroughly as possible the entry requirements for your chosen or possible career path.
- The quality of teaching is high. As the result of teachers’ aspirations of what students can achieve, students are independent and resilient learners. Across a variety of subjects, they are encouraged and enabled to use their curiosity as enquiring learners to make strong progress. (Ofsted 2018)
|STW Year 12 Options 2022|
|Block A||Block B||Block C||Block D|
|Chemistry||Biology||Sport (Double)||Health and Social Care (Double)|
|Sport (Single)||BTEC Business Studies||English Literature||Psychology|
|A-Level Business Studies||Physics||Psychology||Maths|
|Computer Science||English Language||Maths||Photography (SJO)|
|Health and Social Care (Single)||Sport (Triple)||Biology||Politics (SJO)|
|Philosophy & Ethics||History||Travel and Tourism|
|Applied Science (SJO)|