16-19 Bursary Information
Bursaries provide financial help to young people aged 16 to 19 who face financial barriers to participating in education or training, provided they meet agreed standards of attendance and behaviour.
Our 16 to 19 bursary scheme offers three types of bursary. Students can only apply for one type, depending on their personal circumstances and eligibility.
Further information by contacting email@example.com
on the government website https://www.gov.uk/1619-bursary-fund
Undergraduate Support Information
A comprehensive guide to Student Finance and Undergraduate support is available below:
Additionally, useful websites are listed below which contain detailed information and can help to explain all the main concepts of student finance.
- gov.uk/studentfinance– has very comprehensive guides on the applications process and financial support, and is where you apply
- UCAS also have a section on their website regarding student finance
- Individual universities sometimes produce their own resources, for example on Newcastle University’s website
- The Money Saving Expert websitehas a whole section dedicated to student finance containing a substantial amount of resources, in particular an informative article which aims to dispel some of the myths and simplify any unclear aspects of student finance
- You can follow Student Finance England on Facebook or Twitter to get regular updates. They also have their own YouTube page.
- A Student Finance Calculator, which can compare costs for up to five different universities, is available at https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator
- Useful resources can be found on practitioners.slc.co.uk(also featuring helpful guides for parents as well as students)