Students will be offered a place at St. Wilfrid’s Sixth Form on the proviso that they meet the following criteria:
The expectation is that students will have achieved the following results:
- At least five 9 – 4 grades, including mathematics and English Language
- A minimum of a Grade 6 at GCSE in the subject they want to study at A Level
- We require a grade 7 in Science or Maths to study Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Maths A Level
- A minimum of a Merit in the subject they want to study in Vocational Subjects
Post 16 education is voluntary so it is important that you make a full commitment to achieving success on your chosen courses. This Learning Agreement is drawn up to give you the best opportunity for success.
Please complete this form to express your interest in joining St Wilfrid’s Sixth Form:
We will be in touch with you to invite you to interview upon receipt of your completed form.
All students agree to:
- 95% attendance for the academic year (i.e. 8 days of authorised absence only, including family holidays)
- 100% attendance to all timetabled lessons, morning registration, tutor periods, enrichment, masses and assemblies.
- Complete all Independent Study tasks, homework and coursework set by staff and hand them in to meet deadlines issued by staff.
- Make good use of non-contact time in school by using the Library and Sixth Form quiet work areas to complete work set.
- Inform and seek advice from your subject teacher, tutor or Head of Sixth Form if you are having difficulty with any aspect of your studies.
- Accept a shared responsibility with others in the Sixth Form for good conduct in school and for careful upkeep of Sixth Form areas.
- Adopt a sensible, mature attitude in relationships with staff.
- Accept a general responsibility for giving leadership and example to younger pupils and fellow students.
- Follow signing in/out procedures in line with Health and Safety Regulations to safeguard yourself and fellow students and pupils in school.
- Limit part-time work to 10 hours per week
- Not take holidays during term-time
- Abide by all school regulations
The school agrees to:
- Provide teaching and homework for all subjects throughout the academic year.
- Provide you with a Tutor who will meet with you to discuss your academic and personal progress in the Sixth Form
- Provide you with Modular Assessment Data so you can monitor your progress.
- Provide Parental Reports on academic progress in the Sixth Form
- Provide advice, Information and guidance on Post – 18 Options: Employment, Further and Higher Education including UCAS and careers information.
- Provide enrichment opportunities for extra-curricular involvement in sporting and community activities.
Safeguard all pupils and students.