Closing Date: 9 Feb 2022 (Vacancy Closed)
Post Title: Site Manager
Scale: Band 6
Hours: 37 hours per week
Work Pattern: 9am to 5pm (Monday to Friday).
Responsible to: Headteacher
Responsible for: Caretaker / Cleaning staff
Overall Objectives of the Post:
To provide a management, caretaking and maintenance service to the site in relation to the building, cleaning, grounds maintenance, building maintenance, security and other services in line with guidelines.
Key Tasks of the Post:
- You will be responsible for the management maintenance and security of the building. You will:
- Open and close the premises including security alarms.
- Produce a termly health and safety report for the Headteacher on site management issues.
- Attend Governors meetings when required.
- Be prepared to work a split shift and coordinate holiday allocation with colleagues. There is an expectation that all leave will be taken during school holidays.
- Attend out of hours emergencies.
- You will be responsible for managing the cleaning, repairs and maintenance of the building. Including the management of the cleaning and site staff.
- Liaise with external providers to ensure compliance with SLA’s and policies and procedures.
- Monitor the performance of, for example: the cleaning and grounds maintenance contractors and liaise with SLT line managers, contractors and Finance & Business Manager.
- Work with the Finance, Business and Estates Manager to lead on all procurement for site management resources and products, obtain quotations and ensure best value for the work to be undertaken.
- Provide forecasts of future maintenance/premises spends/ budget management.
- Monitor sickness/absence and conduct return to work interviews for site/cleaning staff.
- Identify areas of the site/building requiring improvements or action to ensure a quality provision for everyone.
- Quality assure all contractors and providers working to develop the site.
- Quality assure all cleaning services and grounds maintenance.
- Ensure maintenance/monitoring of the C.C.T. V. and door entry systems.
- Retain and keep up to date the building compliance management system.
- You will be responsible for the following Health and Safety.
- Ensure all portable appliance testing (PAT) is carried out on an annual basis and the inventory of all electrical and ICT items is maintained to date.
- Organise and monitor health and Safety training such as COSHH, manual handling, working at height.
- Carry out inspections of internal/external areas in accordance with health and safety policies.
- Ensure that all statutory H&S checks are in place including but not limited to checking the operation of the fire alarm system on a weekly basis and Legionella checks of the water system weekly.
- Carry out and update risk assessments and identify issues relating to health and safety for site to ensure everyone on the premises is safe in compliance with Health and Safety legislation and appropriate regulation and polices.
- Maintain and keep up to date with accident reporting and record keeping.
- You will carry out other duties related to the day-to-day running of the building.
- Move furniture and equipment to suit the needs of the school.
- Carry out minor repairs as required.
- Identify and implement any energy conservation measures.
- Be responsible for the auditing, ordering and maintaining of supplies within school management written system and liaise with the Finance & Business Manager.
- Work with the Finance & Business Manager lead on the school’s letting service.
- Be responsible for the upkeep of the school minibus including management of the booking system. Including being able to drive the minibus.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure.
All employees have a responsibility to undertake training and development as required. They also have a responsibility to assist, where appropriate and necessary, with the training and development of fellow employees.
All employees have a responsibility of care for their own and others’ health and safety.
The above list is not exhaustive and other duties may be attached to the post from time to time. Variation may also occur to the duties and responsibilities without changing the general character of the post.
Please submit your application by 9am on Wednesday the 9th of February 2022.
This vacancy is now closed.