Post 16 education is voluntary so it is important that you make a full commitment to achieving success on your chosen courses. This Learning Agreement is drawn up to give you the best opportunity for success.
Student Learning Agreement
All students agree to:
- 95% attendance for the academic year (i.e. 8 days of authorised absence only, including family holidays)
- 100% attendance to all timetabled lessons, morning registration, tutor periods, enrichment, masses and assemblies.
- Complete all Independent Study tasks, homework and coursework set by staff and hand them in to meet deadlines issued by staff.
- Make good use of non-contact time in school by using the Library and Sixth Form quiet work areas to complete work set.
- Inform and seek advice from your subject teacher, tutor or Head of Sixth Form if you are having difficulty with any aspect of your studies.
- Accept a shared responsibility with others in the Sixth Form for good conduct in school and for careful upkeep of Sixth Form areas.
- Adopt a sensible, mature attitude in relationships with staff.
- Accept a general responsibility for giving leadership and example to younger pupils and fellow students.
- Follow signing in/out procedures in line with Health and Safety Regulations to safeguard yourself and fellow students and pupils in school.
- Limit part-time work to 10 hours per week
- Not take holidays during term-time
- Abide by all school regulations
The school agrees to:
- Provide teaching and homework for all subjects throughout the academic year.
- Provide you with a Tutor who will meet with you to discuss your academic and personal progress in the Sixth Form
- Provide you with Modular Assessment Data so you can monitor your progress.
- Provide Parental Reports on academic progress in the Sixth Form
- Provide advice, Information and guidance on Post – 18 Options: Employment, Further and Higher Education including UCAS and careers information.
- Provide enrichment opportunities for extra-curricular involvement in sporting and community activities.
Safeguard all pupils and students.