At St. Wilfrid’s we aim to create a safe, orderly, happy environment in which all students can learn to the best of their ability.
In order to do this, it is expected that each student will:
- observe the college code of practice regarding uniform.
- ensure that they have the correct items and equipment for each lesson and take good care of any items of equipment provided for them.
- be caring and respectful to others at all times.
- concentrate on their work and follow the teacher’s instructions.
- record homework tasks in their diaries and complete them diligently.
- Show respect and consideration to all people they meet outside of college and on the journey to and from college.
To ensure the smooth running of the college, students must:
- keep to the left on staircases and corridors and walk quietly. They must line up quietly and wait for the teacher to lead them into the classroom.
- have an appointment outside of college day for visits to Doctor/Dentist/Clinic. If not possible they must bring in the appointment card and show it to their Registration Tutor and follow the correct signing out procedures.
- ensure parent/guardian rings in before 8:40am on the first day of any absence.
- sign the late list if arriving after 8:40am and then report to their Registration Tutor.
- provide a note if they need to be excused (on medical grounds only) from PE.
- remain in college at lunchtime unless they produce a note from parent/guardian stating that they go home for lunch.
- Not use mobile phones and personal devices during lessons or formal school time. They should be switched off at all times and placed in the student’s locker, otherwise they may be confiscated for a parent / carer to collect later.
Where a child collects three debits in one week, the Head of House will then interview that child to discover the reasons for his/her bad behaviour.
Where a child persists in behaving badly, the Head of House may decide to contact the parents, give detention, or place the child in the Learning Support Unit. Lunchtime groundings are also held. Detentions are also held after college if necessary. The Head of House may decide that the student needs to be put on report, in which case the child will be required to carry a ‘Report Form’ to each lesson so that the teacher can comment on behaviour, attitude to work etc. Form teachers also monitor this daily and the Head of House checks the report at the end of the day. Parents should also sign the report on a daily basis. Report Forms are kept for students who have previously misbehaved. If a child misbehaves whilst on Report they automatically receive a detention that evening.